A robust local business listing should play a vital role in your overall marketing efforts.
Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the process of increasing and improving the visibility of a website in the search engines. The goal is to gain higher listings organically (meaning, in a non-paid method), and send qualified traffic to the website.
Local search is the use of specialized Internet search engines that allow users to submit geographically constrained searches against a structured database of local business listings.
Local search queries include not only information about “what” the site visitor is searching for (such as keywords, a business category, or the name of a consumer product) but also “where” information, such as a street address, city name, postal code, or geographic location.
All major search engines include business listings, maps and directions, customer reviews, and the ability to link to a business website. Too many small businesses are not claiming and optimizing their business listings — and as a result, they are leaving a lot of money on the table.
- Provide consulting on how to target the best-performing keywords for your niche and what to include in your listing;
- Keyword research for those who may be unfamiliar with the process
- Write your profile in order to highlight the most important and unique features
- Create your listing with text, video and photos
- Quick Response (QR) Code Marketing Integration & Personalized URLs
- Maintain and manage your listings for you to protect your reputation and brand
Why Do I Need a Local Listing?
There are a lot of great reasons for taking advantage of a local business listing. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Local listings are free advertising!
- Local business listings show up in the organic search results
- Local search marketing enables you to add special offers, video and photos of their business or products
- Showcases your business in a way a text listing cannot.
- Directs targeted traffic to your website and business