You work hard to create your website’s content. Whether you create text, podcasts, audios, whitepapers or videos, chances are you are doing this in order to create value for your prospects and customers.
I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say that you aren’t creating it so that someone else could come along, swipe it out from under you and profit from it.
Like it or not, that’s a story that has become all to prevalent on the web. I know, because it happened to me.
The day was like any other — I was casually looking over the day’s Google Alerts, when I happened upon a link that looked a bit fishy. I decided to go check it out.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that this site I’d never even heard of was republishing my content — violating my copyrights — all without my consent! And if that wasn’t enough, they were also directly pulling the images from my site…using my bandwidth (costing me money).
So, to review — this site had stolen my content and my images, and they were sandwiching it between tons of Adsense ads, in the hopes of cashing in on my content. And they were doing this, all the while pulling the feed (and the bandwith) directly from my website.
Without boring you with all the tedious details, let it suffice to say that I had the content thief’s site taken down in under 14 hours, and it wasn’t going to be reactivated until he removed every comma, period and image of my content.
I wasn’t going to stand for having my content stolen — and you shouldn’t, either.
When I approached my friend and Neanderthal Marketing Radio Show co-host Mike Klassen with this story, he didn’t seem surprised — that’s because he’d had his own salesletter content stolen by someone. Mike was all too familiar with the sting associated with discovering someone trying to cash in on your creativity. Like me, Mike was able to get the situation resolved, but not without a lot of headaches he didn’t need.
During the course of thwarting my own content thief, I did a significant amount of research into how I could go about preventing this from ever happening again.
I discovered resources I never knew existed – amazing tools that not only could protect my content, but others that could help me put a quick stop to anyone else foolish enough to try to rip me off in the future.
Here’s What I Uncovered:
- A misconception about copyrights that could leave you completely vulnerable to content thieves.
- How copyrights work in the US, and what you need to do in order to make them work for you.
- What types of items can, and cannot be copyrighted.
- The proper way to express your copyright, and how to display it to deter possible infringers.
- How long your copyright will remain in force.
- The differences between the individual intellectual property provisions.
- How to discover the identity of your content thief, and take action.
- The best ways to quickly learn when your content has been swiped.
- Who to contact in order to go after the copyright violator, and what to say when you do.
- Some of the best tools available to protect your content — whether it is print, audio or video.
- Steps you can take to make your site less vulnerable to content thieves.
- A method you can use to prevent a known content thief from accessing your site at all.
- Alternative licensing to traditional copyrights if you want to allow some usage of your content.
- And more!
If you implement some of the strategies in these materials, your site will certainly become a less attractive target. If the unthinkable should happen, you can relax knowing that you have the tools and information at your disposal in order to bring swift resolution to the problem.
Think of it as the ace in your pocket.
- A printed Quick Reference Guide with links to nearly FOUR-DOZEN RESOURCES, tools and services that you can use to secure, protect and defend your copyrights.
- A one-hour audio program that details how content thieves are able to gain access to your content, and the strategies you can employ to prevent falling prey to them.
- Six helpful video guides that break down the best tools to use, and why you should ad them to your bookmarks today.
You’ll also receive these great bonuses:
- Brainstorming checklist providing (35) profit centers you can create for your business – expand your content and derive more profit from everything you create!
- Printable Weekly Content Planner to help you organize content for your website, blog or guest posts
- Mike’s “Great Ideas for Generating Great Content” - One of the most common obstacles in starting a content marketing plan is the belief that you can’t come up with enough great ideas. But you’re not incapable of coming up with ideas. Sometimes it’s simply not believing you can, or failing to be aware of ideas that are right in front of you. This quick guide is going to get you over that initial hump so you can start and continue your content marketing efforts with confidence.
Considering how much content piracy could potentially cost a business, we were careful to price this package at just $47, so that would make it readily accessible to those who need it most. We’ve jam-packed it with tools and resources that you’ll be able to put into practice TODAY, so that you won’t become a victim TOMORROW.
Simply click on the button below, to securely order your Get Copyright Savvy package today. You’ll be able to download the materials immediately, no matter what time of day you order.